See What We Do!
DEEMING WAIVER SERVICES
At Raise them High, we diligently work with families to complete the Deeming Waiver paperwork and put everything in place to help you get approved for the Katie Beckett Deeming Waiver Program.
We make the process easier for families!
In addition, we stay with our families throughout the year to help with any need that may arise in the Deeming Waiver arena. We also provide help with resources and information that will benefit your child.
This is how we do it!
1) We start with an initial consultation.
2)During the initial consultation, we will gather information, look over your paperwork, and decide how best to proceed.
3) We will go over all of the information on hand, complete an intake form and make notes of additional information/documentation that will be needed.
3) When all the information is gathered, we will organize, prioritize and compile it into a complete list of diagnoses, treatments, specialists, etc. and that will help us determine the strength of the waiver.
4) Next, the Deeming Waiver will be completed and we will construct a Letter of Medical Necessity for the physician to review, approve, and place on their letterhead.5) Finally we meet with you again, go over the Waiver and answer any questions you may have before taking it to your doctor for his/her signature.
6) Once everything is signed and dated, it should be copied. We can't stress enough how important this is! If your application is lost and you didn't make a copy, you will have to re-create all the documents you submitted.
7) After everything is signed and copied, you will mail your packet to the Right From the Start Medicaid Office. They will check to make sure everything they need is in the packet. Then, they will forward the complete packet to Aliant/GMCF (Georgia Medical Care Foundation) for review.
8) Then, we wait. The response time from GMCF is usually 6-12 weeks.